The other day someone contacted me about their back pain and told me they have it, on and off, for the last 16 years!
Most people I know with back issues have it for many years – this is what they call ‘chronic pain’ ie pain that doesn’t go away or goes and comes back.
First of all, I want to assure you that it is not a disease or incurable.
The reason the pain lingers is because:
1. People don’t know that back pain is body mechanics (the way we move) gone wrong.⠀
2. They go see someone who doesn’t understand or studied body mechanics.⠀
3. They look for quick fixes.
4. They suppress the problem with medicine.
5. Overall, they’ve have never addressed the root of the problem ie point 1.
And pain keeps coming back.⠀
Let me explain the points above:⠀
1. People don’t know better because noone ever taught us how to keep our back safe as we go about life.
2. GPs aren’t trained in body mechanics or in looking at the root problem of back pain – they study medicine and offer pain killers.
3. It’s human nature to wanting a quick fix but we all know it doesn’t work.
4. Pain killers only suppress the problem, they don’t address the cause.
5. If we don’t tackle the root cause (ie point 1) the problem won’t go away hence chronic pain – this is common sense and applies to any problem we may have.
You are curable!
“I did 5 days straight when I was beginning and that turned things around for me…your videos have been instrumental in changing my life for the better!”
If you understand this, you are half way to getting rid of chronic pain.
One of my teachers on back matters, Dr Stuart McGill, has a book called ‘Back Mechanic’.
If you are looking for a book to help you with your back issues I really recommend it.
This book also supports or confirms what I’m sharing here with you and my work in general.
I put together the BETTER POSTURE for a BETTER LIFE online exercise programme to help people improve the alignment of their bodies to get out of pain and live a better quality of life.
But because exercise isn’t all you need to get out of pain for good and because I want to see you out of pain and having a better life, part of this programme is also my POSTURE MASTER CLASS (related to point 1 above) where I teach you how to go about life keeping your back safe to prevent back problems or a hunched back.
Now, the POSTURE MASTERCLASS isn’t out yet and once it is out you can buy it (£297) separately but if you join the BETTER POSTURE for BETTER LIFE you will have it for FREE.
The doors to the programme BETTER POSTURE for a BETTER LIFE close on Sunday 16/2 – once the doors are closed you can no longer join in until next year.
… most importantly this is the first time I really loved exercising. Each lesson is an enjoyment… my body was craving for these movements. I feel my body is in much better shape…Thank you once again, Maria. I very much recommend everyone the course put together by Maria